Thursday, June 25, 2009

Deciding to Blog...

As I was reading "Polar Bear Polar Bear What Do You Hear" and holding my whole life in my arms tonight, I realized that my beautiful, most perfect baby boy was growing up when wasn't it just yesterday that we first met? Actually, it was almost three whole months ago! I have been told by every mother "Don't blink because it goes by way too fast!" So many times I've stopped and thought to myself "No way, it will take a long time for something this tiny to grow up big and strong!" Well, tonight I realized that I've only blinked like half a time and my baby is changing every second of every day. I began thinking about all the ways in which I can savor every moment and not look back with the regret of having only what I can rely on my brain to remember because let's face it: "new mommy" brains do not work very well sometimes! Now, I am a writer (or at least a writing teacher) and I have always enjoyed documenting my life during certain periods of time. It brings me a lot of joy to go back and read, even now, my childhood diaries, letters, even old e-mails. Because my lil' man is growing so quickly and changes by the second, I decided that documenting, or journaling our journey through parenthood and Tucker's growth would be a nice keepsake for me and in years to come would make for excellent conversations at the dinner table and walks down memory lane. Enter Blogging! I decided to go completely 2009 and blog about my baby's life instead of finding time to first, locate a pen or pencil in my house and second, sit down and document things during the day. So... we'll see how this goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment